Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Board-O-Rama...Still On!

Alright so...should I back it up a bit or start from today?  I suppose I can back it up a bit...
Jeremy's 18th birthday was nice for him, I know it!  I went to the mall with him and he got his job at Hollister.  I wandered the mall while he watched videos and did all those things that Hollister employees do.  Can you believe he got a job at Hollister?? Neither can I!  It will be better than pizzaria...at least, I hope it will be...
So after that...Well, I think we went to my house for a little bit and later on we went back to his where his mother made him dinner.  See! He got a home cooked meal which is something that he never gets. We played Wii bowling for a while and watched Grown Ups.  It was a good night. :) 
Today was a very heckish day.  For one, the necklace that momma and dadda bought me from Grenada broke in school, which was a major blow.  Then my papers flew off my desk.  Ok, that isn't the worst deal in the world, but it was still somewhat agitating.  All day I was preparing my public speaking manuscript because...okay backtracking now:
On monday the outline was supposed to be due but the substitute told us that it was actually going to be do on Tuesday with the manuscript.  My public speaking teacher told us that we weren't going to be doing a manuscript for this speech.  Then he goes on to tell us that our speeches are going to be on Wednesday.  So I guess my speech is tomorrow and there is no way I'm prepared for it.  Now EVERYTHING is due tomorrow.  We aren't allowed flashcards on this speech because she wanted us to memorize it.  How were we going to memorize a ten minute speech in two days?  Well, now I have an evening and a school day.  Fantastic.  My topic is Wicca, which I already know a lot about, but I want to be able to explain myself clearly enough to the class.  Sigh. 
But before that I had government, which was okay because we just took a quiz and wrote an essay the whole class about the Dresden Holocaust of WWII.  We had a reading on it that was assigned to us on Wednesday and it was interesting enough, so I had loads to say on the essay.  I went to hand in my essay and my government teacher cornered me about the board game web cam thing that I was going to do with Alexis.  Alexis didn't want to do it anymore because she wanted to do something with animals or cats, I believe she's doing Tabby Town, a new cat store in the mall (the kitties are sooo cutee in there!!!).  I told him that we had spoken about it and weren't sure if we were still going to do the web cam thing.  He assured me that if at least one of us still wanted to do it, we could find a friend in whatever class and still continue, and he'd help. I felt very guilty after this talk because I still wanted to do it and still wasn't sure where I was going to volunteer.  Good news: Laura said she'd do it with me!  So now I can go to government tomorrow and tell him that I found a friend! Woohoo!  No doubt, it's going to be a lot of work.  I'm pretty sure it's going to happen after your return home-probably the week I'm off from school for Christmas break. 

So that is my life right now.
<3 you!
-The Shanans

1 comment:

  1. HOLD THE PHONE (as Kelly would say): Jeremy is working at Hollister?!?! WTF?? I guess you might be getting some new clothes for ur bday lol. I'm glad you two had a good time together for his bday.
    -Sorry about the necklace sha-poods.
    -public speaking class does NOT sound like fun as of late.
    -project w/ Laura sounds epic. What exactly does it entail? Please do tell.
    I'll be home in 10 days I know you can't wait. I'm sooo excited. I haven't slept well for about 2 weeks cuz I'm so excited to go home. I just keep running thru my head wat I have to do as per packing, etc, and it keeps me up til 3, 3:30 every night. I'm sooo ready to come home!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete