Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beside the Candlelight...

Sits a small, unfriendly looking high school teen.  Her hair is damp and recklessly wavy.  She sits crossed leggedly on the new brown couch in the sweats that Carl got for her for christmas and in a Donate Life t-shirt.  Ahh, and she is listening to the rain as it trills to the earth outside the grimy glass windows!  That girl would be I, the narrator of this awesome blog for awesome Sister Heather.  And I welcome you back into the life of the pmsing little brat.
Ahem, anyway I have again finished a plate of provolone cheese with hot sauce on the top.  This time the cheese didn't melt, it more like continued to freeze.  The thermometer reads 49 and hey, I really wouldn't doubt it. 
I stayed after today for the second Still Life meeting of the year and then realized that I would be walking home.  With this thought in mind I glanced out the window and saw massive drops of water being released from some oversaturated cloud.  45 minutes later I was walking through the long gym hallway toward the Freemen gym doors (and overheard a few girls behind me talking about my penguin backpack and debating whether or not they should ask where I got it.  They didn't.  I suppose I'm that intimidating Senior.) thinking that possibly the rain had calmed.  I reached the door and gave a sigh...a long, heavy, tired sigh...the rain was commencing to splash the pavement of the parking lot.  This wouldn't have been so bad if I would've thought about this circumstance this morning when leaving the house to hop into Jeremiah's car.  But alas, I didn't think of it so I just had on a fuzzy off-the-shoulder shirt.  I carried Louis the Pego Penguin in a Tops plastic bag so he wouldn't get wet.  I started my journey in the wetness, hoping that some nice old soul would offer me a ride (of course I wouldn't take one from someone I didn't recognize!!).  I trudged onto Poplar and made it down half the hill when my pleas for love and peace were answered!!  The mom at the house with all the kids stopped and gave me a ride home!! Her and her daughter were so nice and I sat next to a little munchin. =D.  Oh, it definately gave me delight!
Ahem, so now I'm home and I'm drinking Hazelnut coffee.  I lit a candle that smells like apple and cinnamon and the puppy is chewing and licking her paws on the green rocking chair.  I am planning on doing a little research on the Rwanda genocide because I decided that I'm going to do an informative speech on it.  I was originally going to do it on random religions of the world but I changed it to the Rwanda genocide because I think it holds a lot of importance since it was a while before the world stepped into Rwanda and it has been a while for Darfur.  I'm excited to finally see Hotel Rwanda!  Mrs. Lullo and Mr. Ayers both told me to watch it and I've been wanting to since Amy saw it in her Honors Global 9 course.  Now is my excuse!
I might do some homework after that but I really want to read some Harry Potter.  I'm reading the Order of the Phoenix at the moment. I always forget how amazing those books are!!

We love you Heather and we miss you!!  I miss your beautious face!!
I shall write soon.
<3,
Shannie

1 comment:

  1. Hey poods!! I'm so excited to see another blog from you :) I check everyday (I clearly have nothing better to do) and when there is finally a new one I get sooo excited!!

    I'm glad you got a ride home, it's always one of the best ways to brighten your mood! And hazelnut coffee will certainly do the trick, too :) The coffee you buy in the stores here sucks. At first I thought it was just my coffeemaker until Carl's gift one week was french vanilla coffee and it tasted perfectly normal. It's the damn coffee!! If you go out, it's wonderful, but you can't make a cup cuz it doesn't taste like coffee - its really watered down and no matter how many grounds i put in for ONE cup of coffee, it always tastes the same :( It even SMELLS like coffee, but won't taste like it! Ahhhh!!!!!!! I can't wait til Marsha's starbucks care package arrives!!

    I've been wanting to see Hotel Rwanda for ages, but never sat down and watched it (I suppose I'd have to rent it first....). I hope u enjoy it and your speech will be so awesome bcuz ur doing it on a topic that impassions you. so go for it baby cakes!!

    So today was such a lazy day for me. I don't have class on wednesdays, but I met with my Anthro prof to discuss the paper we have to do. But the french students do it for the whole year, so i really only have to hand in the summary of wat the paper would be. then she'll add that grade into my final grade. woopie. not excited, except that she wants me to do something bilingual, so i might actually get to write it in part french/part eng. we shall see. its kind of annoying tho cuz it doesnt even have to be on wat we're learning in class! how can that grade work with my class grade lol?!

    then i came back here, ate, did laundry, washed dishes, napped for an hour cuz ive been sooo exhausted lately, and came online!

    Can't wait for ur next poetic blog :)
    Love you!!
    me

    ReplyDelete